Mrs. Schlenz's Class
Welcome! Here is some helpful information about our class!
We use and support the
Lion Pride Pledge:
Respect myself and others
Obey all Rules
Accept Responsibilities for my actions
Respond Appropriately to others.
We have high expectations for behavior in our classrooms. We work very hard to create a positive learning environment.
You are welcome to send a birthday treat with your child on their birthday. Birthday treats need to be store bought, not homemade.
A class donation of $20.00 is helpful for field trips and to enhance our curriculum throughout the year.
Thank you in advance!
School Year at-A-Glance
- August 15: First day of school
- August 15-22: Early out for SEPS
- September 3: No School
- September 11: School Pictures
- September 17: Family Picnic
- October 18-22: Fall Break
- October 31: Halloween Parade
- November 7-9: Sep
- November 12: Family art night
- November 21-25: Thanksgiving Break
- December 3: Reading with the Stars
- December 21-Jan 6: Christmas Break
- January 21-22: No School
- February 6-8: SEPS
- February 18-19: No School
- April 1-7: Spring Break
- April 25: Second grade program
- May 23: Field Day
- May 25: Last Day of School
There is extensive research that shows the value and importance of reading with your child every night, and having them practice on their own. Our class has an at home reading program where they will practice reading for at least 20 minutes every night. If you have any further questions about this feel free to email me or message me on Class Dojo.