Link to my MAIN Class Website:https://sites.google.com/provo.edu/mrsrodgers/home
Our classroom theme for the year: It's a Wonderful World! I believe each of my students has great potential and each student has something unique to share with our class. I want to embrace each student's strengths and build from their weaknesses. We live in a beautiful, wonderful world and I want each student to feel excited about life and learning!
Here are some classroom supplies/materials we are in need of. If someone is WILLING and ABLE to donate, it would be MUCH appreciated!!
5. Lysol Wipes
6. Emergency Snacks- granola bars, fruit snacks, etc.
8. Big Scissors
- Try yourBEST
- Follow directionsQUICKLY
- Stay onTASK
- When the teacher is talking, you areNOTtalking
- When a student is talking, you areNOTtalking
1) Entering the Classroom: You will enter the classroom quickly and quietly. As you enter the room you will:
- Put your belongings away quickly.
- Turn in any hw, take out your notebook and sharpened pencil for the day.
- Pick up any handouts on the table by the door.
- Silently get your chromebook/notebook and head straight to your assigned seat.
- Begin the day’s Morning Writing or Morning Activity (10-15 minutes)
- Read silently at your desk or get a brain puzzle.
1) Always S.L.A.N.T.: When anyone in the class is speaking – whether a student, your teacher, or a guest speaker – you should always be SLANTing:
Sit up straight Listen Ask and answer questions Nod Track the speaker
2) Bathroom: You may not use the bathroom in the first or last 10 minutes of class, or during whole-class instruction. You may raise your hand to ask permission to use the bathroom during independent work. When given permission to leave the room, you must take the pass. Only one person may leave the room at a time.
3) Raise Your Hand!: Do not speak when others are speaking, and do not call out. Raise your hand to ask a question, answer a question, or to get permission to leave your seat. Wait silently to be called on.