Mrs. Ferrin's Kindergarten
Week of April 22-26, 2019
This Week's Schedule:
Monday: Computer Lab; P.E.
RTS READING LOGS ARE DUE, ON PAPER OR ONLINE, BY 8:30 A.M.
A.M. Road to Success online log: https://goo.gl/forms/4sLKtfxDBoX6lQda2
P.M. Road to Success online log: https://goo.gl/forms/79gdeS0juWwlfeXe2
- Tuesday: Music.
Wednesday: DANCE PROGRAM for parents: a.m. 9:00-9:30; p.m. 12:45-1:15.
Thursday: Library--return library bags and books in order to check out something new.
- Friday: Early schedule--A.M. 8:25-10:35, P.M. 11:15-1:20. Reading Buddies. AND YEARBOOK ORDERS, FIELD TRIP PERMISSION FORMS, AND MOM & ME LUNCHEON RSVPs/PAYMENTS ARE DUE.
- This Wednesday, April 24: Special kindergarten Dance Program for parents: a.m. 9-9:30, p.m. 12:45-1:15, in the gym.
- DUE this Friday, April 26: (1) Provost yearbook orders. Bring $10 to the main office to reserve yours! Fun pictures from the year! (2) Field Trip permissions and RSVPs/payments for Mom & Me luncheon.
- Tuesday, April 30: Last day to present Great Brain projects for this year. If your child is planning one, please let me know.
- Wednesday, May 1: Kindergarten field trip to the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, 10:30-2:15 for all half-day K students. A permission form (on purple paper) with more specifics came home last Friday.
- Thursday, May 9: Mom & Me luncheon, 11:00. Meet in the classroom (or hallway) at 10:55, or meet us in the cafeteria. Please return purple paper (and payment, if applicable) by this Friday.
- Friday, May 10– Provost Spring Festival. It’s the school fundraiser and a really great, fun event for the whole family AND for the neighbors! Invite everyone!
- Monday & Tuesday, May 13 & 14: “Around the World in 2 Days, a multicultural “tour” given by parents. If you have experience from another country or culture, please come share: songs, dances, pictures, food, clothing—anything! Contact me, please!
- Wednesday, May 15— LAST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN; party; and end-of-year program: AM class 10:45; PM 12:30 in the gym.
- Thursday, May 16 –Summer Bridge Night. It’s a chance to get free resources and books to keep your child learning all summer.
- May 16-23- Kindergarten is “closed” for end-of-year testing. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0B4FA8AC2FA6FF2-endofyear3
- Friday, May 24 -- School Dance Festival. NO K CLASS, but all kindergartners will dance in the Festival. It’s a DON’T-MISS event! K students come to the grass with their parents, come to the dance area when it is our turn, and dance. After we dance, they return to their parents, and K ends!
Please keep a light jacket in your child’s backpack since our weather is so unpredictable and changeable.
Title 1 Preschool: Get information and/or register @ https://provo.edu/preschool.
Kindergarten registration for 2019-20 began during SEPs and is ongoing. If you know parents with eligible children (i.e., turning 5 before September 1), please encourage them to come register.
If your child has a summer birthday that we have not yet celebrated, please contact me.
Contact me any time, with any questions or concerns, at email@example.com.